Pages

Thursday 15 September 2011

MMORPG.com column on why SWTOR will change questing

A post on MMORPG.com talks about why SWTOR's story will change questing forever. The column echoes my feelings on quests actually having a storyline:

It isn't just "Please help me by killing ten slavers.". It's "Please help me defeat these bastards, as you watched them kill my son." In TOR's quests you're brought closer to the narrative than ever before, and more than anything else the game does, this is what impresses me most each time I see it.
You are actually given an objective like talk to X or help negotiate peace with Y, and then find there are mobs in your way you need to kill, to complete your objective. This is rather different than your quest being actually just kill 10 mobs around there, and a lot better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment