Pages

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Class Choices

Launch day has been and gone, and Christmas with it. I chose my class I will be playing, and that is... Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight. Juggernaut and Guardian respectively.

The eagle-eyed might spot that these are actually the same class, with mild flavour differences in their abilities. Why the same?

Let's start with the Sith Warrior. Now I tried Bounty Hunter, Sith Inquisitor and Sith Warrior in beta. The story line of the BH just didn't grab me as much as the Sith stories - all power seeking, killing and being quite horrible. The BH story line on the other hand wasn't as compelling for me.

Secondly, why Warrior and not Inquisitor? This was mostly due again to the story lines, but also fight mechanics. Although the SI has the better resource system imo, with force power being full at the start of a fight, the clincher was indeed Force Leap/Charge, which is just the best ability in the game hands down.

Also, the Sith Warrior story line gives you plenty of opportunity to be quite the maniac, a sort of force-wielding Terminator. I prefer that to the odd mystery investigations that the SI story line was steering toward.

So, Sith Warrior, I kill everyone who gets in my way, or dares try to kill me. No mercy is shown. Why then Jedi Knight for the Republic?

This is partly because having knowledge of the SW mechanics pays big dividends for the JK. I have all the skills in the same places, so I can mash buttons without even thinking, no need to learn a new combat system. JK has a force leap too, which is of course awesome.

However, my Jedi Knight will be a dark Jedi, like Anakin Skywalker, taking dark side decisions, taking revenge and showing strength whenever possible. Playing it this way is already more interesting than being all goody two shoes.

So essentially I have chosen a dark-side, force wielding, melee tank type class on both sides. Bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment